Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Body Type

Sometimes I want an outfit that would not look good on me: I am heavy chested with large shoulders. I would love to wear some of the delicate and simple dresses that reign in fashion now but the proportions are waaaay off for me. So, what to do? I will design something that has the same simplicity but will take into account my measurements and body shape (inverted triangle); hopefully the tailor will comply with the design aesthetic since they also have their own ideas and don't necessarily understand body type...

What I want right now:
apron dresses adjusted so I can still wear a bra
short sleeved dresses
a fabulous spring jacket with short sleeves
racer-front dress (for full coverage in front, regular back)

What I want but will not buy since they don't fit my body:
halter straps in a top or dress (widen my shoulder line)

No comments: