Sunday, March 11, 2007

Skinny Pants

What's with skinny pants? I am no longer the nubile 8-10 year old who can rock leggings because my legs were sticks. I now have a woman's figure and my thighs no longer look like the fashion models! As I peruse my fashion rags I am befuddled by the audacity of recommending that girls/woman with real legs (translation: real thighs) wear these skin tight leggings/pants/jeans! Depending on the time of the month, these may not get past one's knees, talk less of over one's thighs! So ladies, please acknowledge the gift from God your body is, understand your body type and how to dress it, and comply with nature not designers! Mirrors lie, do not be deceived and please do not wear skinny pants without taking appropriate measures to make this style body-appropriate.

Examples
1. Leggings to work out are appropriate but no mooning your fellow gym members/Lake walkers: ensure your look is proportional when wearing leggings.

2. Jackets over leggings are perennially elegant: again, unless you have model proportions ensure your posterior is covered to achieve balance/proportion.

No comments: